10 days? Really? But so much has happened already! This about sums up what I was feeling when I sat down to reflect on the first bit of Kaleo, and to write this post. The first few days were full of orientation type things, many introductions, and questions. We all have gotten along so well, and I am really thankful for that. What a great group of people. As a part of our ministry here, we each chose with the help of the Kaleo student leaders a church to partner with in one of the local communities. I arrived at the decision of St. Johns Anglican in Duncan after some help and prayer. As I had never before been to a Anglican church service, the first one was quite an experience for me. It was very traditional, with readings and a very specific way of doing things. It was a good experience, and the people were very welcoming and friendly. I am looking forward to the relationships that will be built at church, both with the youth and the congregation. A few days ago, we came back from our 3 day hiking trip up Mount Albert- Edward. Unfortunately, on the last night I came down with some sort of sickness, and was still not feeling all too great in the morning. With a 10 km hike ahead, and me not being able to keep down any food, I was a bit skeptical about whether or not I was going to make it. My group that I was traveling with was amazing. After I felt like I could not go on, they took my pack from me and carried it so that I could keep going. Some people stayed back with me, encouraging me the whole way. With God's help, the great friends he provided, and some water, I made it back, feeling quite a bit better as well. Time and time again in my life, God has proven that nothing is impossible for him, and he is showing me how to trust in him more. Monday we are heading out on the sea, going sailing with S.A.L.T.S. and it should be a great experience and adventure. Just yesterday, I had a relapse of sorts with my sickness although it was something a bit different, and a few staff and students seem to have caught something as well, so if you could be praying we would all be well for our trip that would be great. I'll be updating this blog weekly on Mondays, so you guys know when to be checking. I'll try and get some photos up too, if I can figure out how to get my memory card thing to work.
Ryan
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Welcome
Posted by
Anonymous
at
10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I hope you're feeling better soon Ryan, it is terrible when sickness sweeps Kaleo (especially during out-trips!) I've heard great things about St. John's, my good buddy Josh Field from Kaleo went there. I've been to a couple Anglican services and it's fun but very different from OBC. It's a crazy time for the Anglican Church right now so there's no better time to be involved if you want to be challenged and have to think deeply on what you believe about God, the authority of Scripture and a whole stock of other deep issues! Very excited for you Ryan.
Post a Comment