So we all returned safely from our S.A.L.T.S. trip, and it was really amazing. The crew was really inspiring, and such an encouragement to me. Our group was divided into different watches, that are responsible for the ship in shifts. My watch leader was a guy named Antony, and he was a real interesting and awesome guy. He has lived in many different parts of the world, as well as traveling it on the sailboat. We all had responsibility to do a night watch at some point, which was really good. Night watch is done with one other person, and you are responsible for one hour of the night. You are making sure the anchor is still keeping us in one spot and we are not dragging basically. It was so quiet up there, the water really smooth, and mountains around. It was a cool experience, and I got to talk and get to know one of the other students a bit better. We started our new class today with Marv Penner. I am definately going to have to get used to being in school again. It will be a good class though. I made it so anyone can write comments on my posts, so feel free if you have something you want to say. Thats all for this week I guess. I am really seeing God work in our group, and its really exciting, and I thank you for your prayers.
Ryan
Monday, September 29, 2008
Starting up
Posted by
Anonymous
at
4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hi Ryan...it is very exciting to read about your adventures in Kaleo...it warms my heart to hear you share what God is doing in your life. You are an amazing, young man, and we are all excited to see and hear where He will take you this year. I sure miss seeing you here, but know you are where you should be. Your family misses you, but are tickled pink that you are having such an amazing experience, with our Lord at the helm!! (Is that the right part of the ship, Ryan...you know, the front!!) Love you dearly and bless your heart...great big hugs from another one of your Moms...Mrs. O*!! xxx ooo !!!
Post a Comment