
A full course, all the work, done. What a relief. Hermeneutics turned out a lot better than I had thought earlier in the week. I learned quite a lot, and am trying to apply it to my Bible reading. Never again will I look at the Bible the same way as I do now, and that change is definitely a positive one. Half the Kaleo group went caving/swimming on monday, while the others were in Victoria talking to homeless and helping them out. Then today we switched it up, and each group did the thing they did not do the day before. On monday I went caving. It was a really cool experience for sure. At first I was a bit worried about being a bit claustrophobic, but after a few minutes of being in the caves, it wore off. At one point we all stopped in a kind of open area, and we all turned off our headlamps. What darkness! I could not see my hand touching my nose, let alone anything around. I felt so isolated for this brief moment, and it was a really almost scary feeling. This was true darkness, and I thought "This is what it is like to be blind. Imagine if I was in here by myself, and my headlamp went out!" Reflecting on this experience now, I can realize that this situation can be related to people who are not following God, and are trying so hard to find their way. If I really was in there by myself, and if my light had burned out, there is no way I would ever be able to get myself back to the entrance of the caves. As well, I would end up injuring myself trying to get back out. This is what so many people are experiencing, and they need a light. We are called to be this light to them, to guide them to Jesus. Matthew 5:14-15 says "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." This, along with visiting the homeless in Victoria has really challenged me to reach out to those in need of the light.
Monday, November 3, 2008
A light
Posted by
Anonymous
at
9:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Bless your heart!
Don't worry about not having a title for your entry-you said it all in the posting! Glory to God for His work in your life and what you are learning and experiencing. We love you!
Ryan I was very impressed with your analigy of the light. We are to be the light to the world and that is not always easy but the Holy Spirit will help us as we listen to His still small voice.
Thank you for reminding me of this.
Love Grandpa.
Post a Comment