Tuesday, December 2, 2008

..


I don't know if this is weird, but I have another thought relating to nature and me. But first I will update you on what has been going on around here. youth group was pretty good last week. we went to a local christmas event, a tree light-up and some fireworks. there wasa few kids that came, and we saw more of them at the event. then we headed back to pack some care bags for the homeless outreach we are planning to do in the future. Camp life has been slow as of late, there really isn't alot going on around here, so I don't really know what to write. Anyways I will share something that I saw while out on our guys night at a beach a little ways away. We hiked in, and camped right on the beach. The weather had been really foggy, and it still was when night began. We all decided to walk to a waterfall not far from the campsite, just down the beach a ways. By now there was thick fog everywhere. As I walked down the beach, even with my headlamp, I could not see very far ahead of me at all, and the part I could see was bare sand and rocks. It felt as though I could have been on another planet. I looked behind me, the very same thing. It was an eerie feeling, and I felt uncertain as to where I was almost. I had to take the journey back to the campsite one bit at a time, and I ended up going a different way than I had planned. I thought about it on the walk back home, and I found that the situation related well to where I am in my life right now. My future is pretty uncertain right now, and I am searching for a way, but cannot seem to see very far. I am praying the fog lifts, but I think I am realizing it might take some time, and that I should take this journey I am on one step at a time, and not try to see what is at the end yet. Anyways, those are my thoughts about now, and I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas break.

Ryan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just as you found your way back in the fog God will lead you along as you wait on His direction. It may not be the way you thought it would be but he has a plan for you and as you wait on Him he will reveal it to you most oftent one step at a time.. We are looking forward to visiting with you at Christmas. We have over a foot of snow now so all the snowmobilers are out.