Monday, November 17, 2008

.

So today is monday, the first day of our 24/7 week of prayer here at Kaleo. Each student has signed up for an hour each day to be praying, for a week. It should be a really good experience, I have not prayed like this before. I am kind of looking forward to it, but at the same time i do not know what to expect. Pray that it would be a good week for all of us, and that we would be able to focus and meet with God in our times of prayer. We had youth group on friday, I went for the first time in awhile it felt like. We did a really fun experience to do with teaching the kids about the body of Christ. We split into guys and girls teams. Each team had to make their own batch of cookies, but the twist was each person had a different role. Roles were: eyes, hands, feet and encourager. The eyes could see everything and tell instructions to the other parts, but could only use eyes and mouth. The hands were blindfolded and could only use their hands and could not talk. The feet could not talk as well, were blindfolded, and had to carry the hands everywhere according to the instructions of the eyes. I was the feet for the boys team, and it was pretty fun and interesting. The kids really enjoyed it, laughing when the hands messed something up, and it was a cool way of teaching this lesson. If you could all be specifically praying for me as I have decisions that will need to be made in the future about where I am going after Kaleo that would be great. This has been on my mind lately, and that would be really great. Thanks

Ryan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a day of prayer during my brief time in Bible College, and I found the effort surprisingly draining, but a good experience. I try to keep in mind that we can pray at any time about any matter; our Father is always listening. How easy to forget, though, and carry burdens that He is willing to bear. I will be thinking of you especially this week, and lifting you up to the Throne.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Did you get any cookies out of your efforts?
The Lord can speak during these times of prayer when we focus in on Him.
We will both be praying for you and your future and for the decisions you will need to make. We know God has a plan for your life and we pray God will direct you in a way that you will find it clearly.

Love

Grandpa and Grandma

Anonymous said...

yes, we did get some cookies out of it surprisingly!